Thursday, May 25, 2006

Post 200? I think so...

OK, another Meme. Got this one from Wendy. I've gotta cut back on these things, and I swear I will. I'll also stop drinking wine on school nights, staying up too late reading, watching crap TV, and letting the clothes-to-be-ironed pile up to the rafters. Yeah, right.

The rules are:
List three CDs, books, movies, and people you would take if you were stranded on a deserted island. For the people, you cannot choose your spouse or relatives.

CD's:
Californication, by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Way too much fun.

The White Album, by the Beatles. Wendy chose this one, too, so we'd be OK if for some reason we got stuck together.

Scott Hamilton Quintest, The Second Set. It's the first Jazz album I ever heard, and I love it.

Books:
Gone With The Wind - by Margaret Mitchell. I know, it's racist and lame, but I love it. And it's really long, so I could read it over and over again. Probably an important factor.

The Mists of Avalon - by Marian Zimmer Bradley. It's also really long, which is good when you're stuck on a desert island. Very good and interesting, too.

East of Eden - by John Seteinbeck. I haven't actually read this one yet, but I've heard so much about it, and it would be nice to have something to read on the island that I haven't read before. At least the first time. ;) Plus, you know, it's really long.

Movies:
Out of Africa - Can't really get tired of this movie, plus it has Mozart's clarinet concerto, which is a way of sneaking in some of my favorite music without bringing the CD.

It's a Wonderful Life - I never seem to get sick of this one, either. Sappy and sentamental, yes, but that's me anyway, and who needs snarky when you're already trapped on a dang island?

Romeo and Juliet - Probably the Zeffarelli version, but honestly, I liked the one with Leo and Claire too. It's just such a compelling, heartbreaking story, that it translates well into any era.

People:
My friend Rosemary. She lives far away, on the east coast, and she's the only person I know that I could deal with for ever. You know, besides family and stuff.

Lenny Kravitz. He's hot AND he can sing, so yet again, I'm sneaking in more music. And he's slutty, so he wouldn't mind sharing between Rosemary and myself. He could comfort us after we watch Romeo and Juliet.

Thomas Jefferson. He would be really interesting to talk to, and would probably give us lots of things to think about. He might be kind of racist and bossy with Lenny, but we'd straighten him out.

This was a harder meme than I first thought...I had to put a lot of thought into it. Books...how can I live with only 3 books? That's crazy. Hopefully the other people on the island brought books, movies, and CDs too. That would help. ;) And maybe they brought more people...and they brought all those things too...and so on, and so on, and so on....cue Wella commercial from the 70s here...

No comments: