Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Five Things

I got this one from Hope, who did not tag me, but tagged Gina in the comments to her paper plate post, and I read it and liked it, so here we go:

Five Things

In my fridge:

  1. Leftover ingredients from softshell chicken tacos we had for dinner last night.
  2. Old film for Ted's broken camera. (I used it much more than he did, but since it was a gift from me to him, I will still call it Ted's camera. He prefers the digital, though.)
  3. Berries - Strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
  4. Eggs - with Omega 3 added, since we don't eat a lot of fish or flax around here.
  5. Broccoli
In my car:

  1. 30 used binders from work, which are being donated to Maya's school, and will go there at some point soon.
  2. Altoids - Tangerine flavor.
  3. Water bowl for Genevieve, the dog. For when we walk to school in the morning. We drive to the library, walk one mile to school, give the dog water, walk back to car, more water, come home.
  4. My yoga matt.
  5. Several mixed tapes, which I cannot play because the tape deck is broken.
In my purse:

  1. 2 juicy type lip glosses that I do not use. I don't know why I keep them there. Maya likes them sometimes.
  2. My BART pass.
  3. My beloved wallet. It was a gift from Ted in our dating days, and it's easily the best wallet I've ever had. I would still have trouble coughing up that much money for a wallet for myself, and he got it for me for no reason except that my old one was falling apart and frustrating the crap out of me.
  4. Pictures of Ted and Maya (Inside the wallet)
  5. $5 in currency from Guyana, also a gift from Ted. He went there for 3 weeks right after we started dating, and brought me back $. Probably worth very little.
In my closet:


  1. Our 'wedding album', which STILL consists of original photos, crammed into a Gap bag. Maybe by our 15th anniversary, which is July of 2008, one of us will have rectified this situation. Don't hold your breath.
  2. Hats that I buy but never wear.
  3. Clothes that are MUCH too business-like for my current job, but I keep them because, well, you never know.

    4. The Smokey Bear that Samantha, my childhood dog, chewed up when she was only a puppy, probably 33 years ago now, and I still love and cannot bear to give up. I know, it doesn't even look like a bear, but if you're mean about it, you will hurt my feelings. My darling Grandfather, who is dead, gave it to me, and my beloved dog, who is also dead, is the one who chewed it up. Don't worry, she's not dead BECAUSE of the chewing...though that was touch and go for a bit there...she actually lived to be 16 years old. Comment accordingly.

5. Rarely worn shoes. Fancy and painful.

In my head:

  1. My pet peeve of the week, which is people who spell "Loser" with two "o"s, or "lose" the same way. If he's an asshole, he's a "LOSER", not a "LOOSER", and you don't "LOOSE" your wallet, you "LOSE" it. Whew. I feel better now.
  2. Wondering what we'll do for dinner tonight, but not getting any bright ideas yet.
  3. A list of things I have to do for work today.
  4. A list of things I have to do for Maya's school soon.
  5. Congestion, though the Clariton D I took this morning seems to be helping.

I'm not gonna tag anyone, because I kind of feel like if you want to do these things, you will, and if you don't, you won't. Enjoy!

No comments: