Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Happy Birthday Q!

This is Ted and me back in 1988...we had been dating for almost a year, and we were at his Uncle's wedding. Maya used to say that this is when Ted was the girl, and I was the boy, because his hair is long and mine is so short. :)

Today is Ted's 41st birthday, and I feel so incredibly lucky to have met him, to have convinced him to date me, and to have married him. He's a great guy...a wondrful husband, an amazing father, an incredible teacher (when he gets the chance), and a great radio personality as well. He genuinely likes people (as long as they don't try to pull him into some kind of pyramid scheme, or spend their lives complaining about everything).

Ted was born in Belleville, Ontario, Canada, and moved to the Bay Area when he was 1. He and I met in speech class, and didn't really hit it off at first, but then when I realized what a truly NICE person he is, I started to notice how handsome he is as well. :) All these years later (it will be 20 years in December of '07), here we are, both a little wider around the middle, our hair looks pretty different...he's SUCH an amazing, wonderful person, that I am thankful every day to have him in my life. I love you, Q, and if only I could afford it, I'd buy you this.

No comments: