Friday, March 24, 2006

Why I Am ALWAYS Late for Work


I get up at 5:00, and I'm scheduled to be at work by 7:00. I work from 7:00 - 4:00. I can probably count on one hand the times I've been here by 7:00 so far this month. Maybe one finger. Why, you may ask? I have two HOURS to get ready, and I live 5 minutes from work. So it's not the drive. OK, here's the schedule:

5:00 Alarm goes off
5:05 Get out of bed
5:06 Turn on computer
5:07 Go downstairs. Feed dog. Make Maya's lunch. Do any cleaning that bugs me in the morning, but didn't bug me last night.
5:20 Take shower
5:30 Check work email
5:35 Check my blogging friends' sites
6:25 Realize that I'M A LOSER AND I NEED TO GET READY FOR WORK!!!
6:30 (When I SHOULD have left the house to walk the dog) Dry Hair
6:35 Get dressed, make up, make bed, etc.
6:50 Wake Maya up, take dog for walk
7:10-7:15 Leave house, late for work, AGAIN.

So, you see, it's all YOUR fault. I just think, I'll peek and see if Cherry posted. Cherry posted! Cherry NEVER posts! What about Autumn's Mom? New pictures of Tommy? Yay! What about L, is the nun giving her grief AGAIN? Is MIM stirring up another heated discussion? What's BiteMyCookie gonna do about the job? Wendy, what's new with you? POW? Ally Bean, Wino, Jessie, Gina all of my wonderful online addictions...On and on and on. It doesn't end. And sometimes I actually get around to POSTING something, too. And there I am, late again. Sigh. See, D & C (and Ted, too, he encouraged this), when you convinced me to start blogging, do you see what you started? "DO IT DO IT DO IT", you said, like 7th graders with stolen cigarettes. And I did it. Thank God you guys don't do drugs, or I'd be a crack whore living in the Tenderloin by now. That's all I'm sayin'.

6 comments:

Autumn's Mom said...

You are so freakin funny. You really do have an addiction. I'm the opposite. I should be up at 6 and to work by 8. I too live 5 minutes away. On a REALLY bad day I snooze til 7:20. Jump up, shower, put hair in pony tail, brush teeth, grab breakfast and GO. I do the blog thing at work while I eat breakfast :D

Anonymous said...

My blogging addiction affects me most in the evenings, when I should be doing laundry or something else productive but end up checking blogs. Then in the morning I wonder why I don't have any clean underwear. ;-)

Anonymous said...

It is sooooo true - it's like a little blog community - i think about my blog friends during the day and wonder what they are up to - (my 2 year old doesn't always understand this and give me space and time to comment and read as I please but we're working on it) - see, it is 11:22 p.m. and I *should* be sleeping but no, i am reading -so much more enjoyable!

Gina said...

Isn't it amazing how blogging can sort of take over? When I started, I never thought I would find such a wonderful community.

I'm the same as you, I spend probably too much time entirely on the blogging thing.

Ok, no probably about it.

achromic said...

So true....... when I had a job I read blogs..... now that I donna work I read blogs..... I am a blog whore.... I need a meeting .... a 12 program or er something.

Granny said...

I turn on the computer, pour coffee, read and answer my email, get one kid up and started, go back to the computer, check bloglines, get the other two up, etc.

I'm retired so I don't have a time crunch but the kids do.