Friday, March 31, 2006
Last week I wrote a post about being thankful for the big things. I wanted to be thankful for the small things, but the big things were taking up too much of my mind. Well, I got on a tangent about health, and left another big elephant in the middle of the room, unmentioned. I'm thankful for my friends. I have always had such good friends in my life, and they have gotten me through times both sweet and sour, good and bad. I have friends that I've known since I was a kid, and friends I've met at work, and they are all dear to me and mean the world to me. I have friends who are liberal, friends who are conservative. Friends who are born again, friends who are athiest, friends who aren't sure. Friends who are younger, friends who are older...friends who are black, friends who are whte, friends who are asian, friends who are lovely blends. I love you all, and that you all love me and accept our differences and enjoy them. Thank you.
On to the small stuff....
1. STILL thankful for the new faucets. Thankful that we know a good plumber, because I stuffed the garbage disposal with potato peels the other day and killed it. I've done that before...maybe 15 years ago. So maybe I'll do it again, in 15 years...maybe I'll learn. Anyway, glad to have hot water in the kitchen, and to be able to actually turn OFF the water in the bathroom without straining my wrist.
2. My hair is blonde again. Got the do done on Monday, and I'm feeling much better about myself. :) Nothing wrong with being a brunette, but only Heather Locklear looks good with those dark dark roots. Actually, she didn't even look that good with them.
3. The project that has been consuming me at work is DONE. God, that was a pain in the ass.
4. It's Friday, which means sleeping in for two beautiful days. Ahhhhh. Love it. Love our newish bed, which is SO comfy.
5. The pain that was plaguing my back seems to have been banished by a combination of chiro, massage, lower heeled shoes, sitting up straight at my desk, etc. Thank the lord on that one.
6. Maya's birthday went well. She enjoyed herself. Tonight is the BIG night, though, because her best friend is coming over for a movie and a sleepover. YAY! Tomorrow night she and Ted are going to a Father Daughter dance through Girl Scouts. They will have fun, and I'll have a quiet evening at home.
7. Last, but not least, I'm thankful for my new friends in cyber space. I really am enjoying this whole blogging thing...cross between a journal and a newspaper column, I guess, and I love it. Thanks Al Gore, for inventing the internets. ;)