Saturday, March 04, 2006

Do you ever wonder...

Have you ever been walking along on a sunny morning, maybe with your dog, maybe the kid, maybe both, and you're maybe walking through a parking lot or something, and you see a used condom sitting there? Of course you ignore it, and if the dog is with you, you make sure they don't do something gross like eat it or whatever. But then later, you wonder...this is a very intimate thing, it was, literally, the only thing between two people...and here it is, in this very public place...how does that happen? Ever wonder that? No, me neither.
But, as I was coming home from walking Genevieve the dog last night, I came across this sight. What is it in that puddle there? What could it be? Could it be a pair of platform shoes? How did they get there? I mean, they were lovingly picked from all of the other shoes in the store at some point, and here they are, discarded in a puddle. Was some girl walking home after a party, and the discomfort got to be too much for her, so she drunkenly took them off and left them where they lay, never to be seen again? Or maybe she bought them on the credit card that her husband THOUGHT she had cut up, and he surprised her somehow and she had to ditch them before he saw? (Don't think too much about the logistics on that one...it just doesn't make sense.) Maybe a 50ish transvestite was trying them on, and threw them away in a fit of desperation, because they WOULD NOT FIT. Hmmm. I wonder. I wish I knew. Do you have any ideas?

UPDATE: Walked by this morning, and the shoes were gone. Maybe whoever threw them felt remorse, and wants to get back into her shoes. Maybe she was going back home, and walked by, and thought, I want my shoes back. Maybe, as has been suggested, she finally found some gold fish to put in the clear heels, and needs to go home to get that look going...probably that's it. :P And, by the way, there were NO condoms anywhere near the shoes...I was just kind of remembering other weird discarded things I've seen sitting around some days....

9 comments:

Gina said...

I think they were discarded into the puddle because the owner wanted some fish to perhaps swim into those heels, thus completing the retro look.

I mean, those clear lucite bottoms are just begging for some fish in them.

Anonymous said...

How far apart were the shoes and the condom

Could they be connected ?

L. said...

We must be psychically linked somehow, because I wrote the term, "used condoms" in my post day, before clicking on yours.

It`s hard to imagine those shoes on human feet. It`s easier to imagine them in a puddle by the side of the road.

Anonymous said...

I would suggest that she fell off of them and decided she didn't need to walk on something so dangerous any longer.
Sometimnes when I am walking in the woods I see one solitary sneaker beside the path. That always puzzles me, since the owner couldn't have driven out of there -- how can you walk away with one shoe on and one shoe off and not know it? In the woods? Wouldn't you notice the first time you stepped on a rock?

Autumn's Mom said...

Dammit. I knew I forgot something. Now some hooker has my shoes! I loved those shoes...

J said...

D, you crack ME UP!

Uncivil said...

I awoke one Christamas morning and looked out the window and saw some trash littering the road near our house. Now mind you...we lived in a fairly nice neighborhood at the time.
That's why it caught my eye. I grabbed a trash bag and headed out to clean up the mess. There were several empty boxes of KFC, chicken bones and empty cups. And last but not least..... a used condom right there in the midst of it all.

I had some strange thoughts on that one. Maybe it was some highschool kids? If not.....they surely had no class (play on words). Hell...maybe it was "Santa" and god knows who?

It was like "Merry Christmas" from the "Mad Fucker".........

J said...

Uncivil, you crack me up too!

Uncivil said...

mmmmm....another thought....
They are right there in front of the mail box?......might want to keep an eye on the local mail carrier. I've heard of them going "Postal", but going "Platform" ?......that's kinky!