Friday, January 27, 2006

Why I'm afraid of going to Africa



Two posts before I leave the house? This is getting stupid. I'm insane. I'm still in my jammies. ACK! The worst thing is that I dreamed about this post...I was peacefully sleeping, and I dreamed that Autumn's Mom wrote a post about either going to Africa, or the Toto song, I'm not sure which...maybe both? I don't know. Anyway, it made me remember why Africa is the last continent on my list of travels:

Look here...
and/or here
(Hint...my maiden name? Ward.)

I remember reading about this when it happened, and I lived in San Francisco, and I remember thinking maybe the Terminator was behind it, and was going to come for me next...like he'd knock at the door and say, "Julie Ward?". and I'd say, "Yes?", and then all hell would break loose, and then he'd drive away, leaving the smashed toy truck and my dead body behind. There were more than three Julie Wards in the SF phone book, but still, I was definately there and gonna get it.

I really shouldn't post this early.

2 comments:

Autumn's Mom said...

That is TOTALLY CREEPY! Yeah, I think I'll stay out of Africa. AND I guess we can still hang out b/c your last name isn't Ward anymore. I wouldn't want to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and run into that Terminator! hahaha

Anonymous said...

I remember when we first started going out, you had a copy of the "Julie Ward" story taped to the wall in your bathroom with a note at the top that read "One down!"

I thought it was pretty funny back then, but now it IS kind of creepy.

-T