Friday, January 06, 2006

Another stupid list thingie? Am I insane?

OK, don't know why I decided to do this one...it's just a bit different than the others one usually sees on blogs/gets via email. I got this one from MIM Feel free to play (or not):

Five pieces of wisdom
1) Don't be so damn mean to yourself all of the time.
2) Don't be so damn mean to others all of the time.
3) Ask yourself if you really NEED to buy/eat/drink that thing...if the answer is an honest yes, then do it and enjoy it. If the answer is no, then put it back. This comes mostly from realizing that I live in a very small condo and I can't even get a new waffle iron without having to figure out where the hell I'm going to put it.
4) Never trust a skinny cook (except Cherry!).
5) Be kind. To everyone, even your fish. Even your dog. Even your spouse. Even yourself.

Questions:

What were you doing ten years ago?
I was living in Philadelphia, and it had just dumped 3 FEET of snow all over the dang place. 3 snow days off from work/school while they cleaned up. Yay! But wait...does that mean we could have stayed in CA for 3 more days and extended our vacation and no one would have noticed? Damn it all. Does that mean we could go to movies and restaurants and generally goof off because we weren't at work? Nope, those places were snowed in as well. Remember, 3 FEET of snow. Does that mean we sat around getting drunk and laughing like idiots? No, I was 6 1/2 months pregnant. Still, it was pretty, and nice to have some quiet downtime.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
Probably sitting at my desk working. Wow, THAT'S an exciting answer. Thanks for sharing. You're welcome.

Five snacks you enjoy:
1) Chardonnay and Cheeze Nips (for some reason the Spongebob shaped ones are the best)
2) Ruffles Naturals, with sea salt, and a cold diet coke or diet root beer
3) Cheese and crackers
4) Fruit...pears, tangerines, crisp apples, whatever
5) Cookies and milk

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
1) Kathy's Song - Simon and Garfunkel
2) Almost every song on 'Head on the Door" - The Cure
3) Side one of '2112' - Rush. Please, don't ask. 9th grade, that's all you need to know.
4) Almost every song on 'Abbey Road' - The Beatles
5) Most of 'Relish' - Joan Osborne

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1) Quit my job
2) Buy a new house
3) Help my mom out, since she needs a job
4) Travel
5) Give some to charity
Most of these are minimized by expense of #2. If I were only a small millionaire, I would just have to start looking for a new job anyway. But still.

Five bad habits:
1) Too hard on myself
2) Too much tv
3) Too much junk food
4) Grind my teeth in my sleep, and I don't wear my mouthguard. I'll rue the day on that one, let me tell you.
5) I never phone my friends, even though I love them. More of an email person.

Five things I like doing:
1) Go out to nice dinners.
2) Reading books.
3) Chatting with Ted in the evening.
4) Watching crap on TV.
5) Walking to school with Maya in the mornings.

Five things you would never wear, buy, or get new again:
1) Legwarmers
2) Parachute pants
3) Permed hair
4) Pontiac Sunbird - this was my mom's, but we're supposed to learn from their mistakes, right?
5) Most of my old boyfriends

Five favorite toys:
1) My iPod Nano
2) Ted
3) Maya
4) Smokey the Bear
5) Leo the Lion, who used to say, "Happy Christmas Mama", but now just says "swoosh swoosh swoosh"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LEGWARMERS! Good one. Almost forgot about those!

Thanks for playing, missy!

Oh, and I like watching crap on tv, too. (and come on, I mean, who DOESN'T?)