Sunday, June 25, 2006

Why I Love Dire Straits

Saturday I went to the fabulous Dorothy's house for her birthday party, where we wilted in the heat, got smart and came inside, drank margaritas and ate yummy food. It was a lovely time overall. Thanks, Dorothy! One of the guests, an across the street neighbor, had a DVD for Live Aid, which we popped in and watched. LOVED it. LOVED seeing my first husband back when he was younger (That's David Bowie, and don't worry, Ted was married to Michelle Pfieffer at the time, so he wasn't jealous....and yes, when he sang, "I, I will be king, and you, you will be my queen" It only APPEARED that he was looking at Shaw. He was clearly looking at ME. Shut up.), loved seeing all of the bad clothes and hair that were presented that day. One thing, though, was a bit upsetting...my dear friends don't know Dire Straits. They know "Money for Nothing", and that's it. Sorry girls, but that's not OK. So, I've picked one of my very favorite Dire Straits songs for you to enjoy, Romeo and Juliet. Click and enjoy. And if you don't like it, if the lyrics and the heart involved don't stir something in you, we may have to reconsider our friendship. Consider yourselves warned.

No comments: