Thursday, June 15, 2006

Movie Update

We watched "To Kill a Mockingbird" the other night...it was pretty true to the book, very good, very sad. Too bad they took out the part about Scout and Dill being 'engaged'...I always thought that was sweet and funny, but they only had 2 hours, so I guess it was best to stick to the main points as much as possible. Also no sight of the rich white man with the black family. Missed him too. I do understand, however, the difficulty involved with taking a book and all of the nuances involved in that medium, and putting it into a coherant narative for people to view and understand on the screen, so I'm going to forgive them.

I didn't recognize Robert Duval as Boo. But I did recognize Esmerelda from Bewitched as one of the neighbors. I used to watch that every day on reruns, and I really liked it. When I was a pre-romantic (but not much pre) preteen, I liked Dick Sargent better, because he's better looking. But as an adult, Dick York was better, because hell, he's so funny. And then there's Uncle Arthur. Sigh. I did love that dumb little show.

No comments: