I was tagged by Black Belt Mama, so I've got a new meme...Six weird things about me. Define weird. Would that be unique, or strange, or both? Hmmm. I don't know if I can come up with anything interesting enough for you folks, without giving away the store, (or using things that I've already used in my '100 things') but I'll try. :)
1. I hate cell phones. I hope I never have to get one. They suck.That wasn't easy, but it was easier than I thought, once I got started. :)
2. My absolute hero in real life is Harriet Tubman. But one of my heroes in fiction is Scarlet O'Hara. How's that for twisted?
3. Everything in life seems to me to relate to Little House on the Prairie (unless it relates to Gone with the Wind...). The series of children's books, that is, not the stupid show. (Which I watched religiously as a child)
4. Sometimes, when I want to swear, I say "Christopher Columbus!" instead of "Jesus Christ!". Ma (see #3) would call that "Wooden Swearing", and it's just as bad. Kind of like sinning in your heart, maybe.
5. I very rarely wear lipstick, because it makes me feel like a fraud. I'm not mature enough yet. Since I turned 40 this year, I'm starting to suspect I'll never be comfortable with it. Lucky for me my lips are naturally kind of pinkish. I've been complimented on my lipstick when what I was using was chapstick.
6. I don't consider myself superstitious, but seeing an open umbrella in the house drives me nuts. Bad luck. And when I see a white horse, I make a wish. Has anyone else ever heard of that one? Sometimes I wonder if I made it up, because no-one I ask has ever heard of wishing on white horses. (If wishes were horses, beggars would ride...that just popped into my head....Sorry.)
I'm supposed to "tag" six people now, to do this meme on THEIR blogs, and come back and tell me in my comments section. I am a comment whore, though not a successful one, so I would do that if it would promise LOTS of comments....but I am one of those people who deletes chain letters, without regard to the safety of myself or my family, so if you want to play, consider yourself tagged. :)